Check out our events page for upcoming tailgates.
Tailgates start approximately four (4) hours before kickoff at every Atlanta United home match.
Tailgates happen at the Gulch, which is next to MBS Stadium.
How do I get there?
By MARTA: If taking MARTA (GWCC/Philips Arena/CNN Center Station), exit through gate, take a right at the escalators (don’t go up!) and follow the crowd. Otherwise, ask for directions from any police officer, security person, or person in a Five Stripes jersey who looks like they’re ready for some serious fun.
By car: You can set your phone nav for Lot A, the Gulch. Alternately, the address is: 1 Centennial Olympic Park Dr NW, Atlanta, GA 30303. Parking at the Gulch is usually around $23 if purchased online. You’ll enter the Gulch via a long concrete ramp opposite Mercedes Benz Stadium (MBS).
We strongly recommend that you buy a parking pass in advance, whether you’re parking at the Gulch or at any of the surrounding decks and lots.
Here are two helpful links for purchasing parking:
- MBS Parking: https://parking.mercedesbenzstadium.com/
- Parking Panda: https://www.parkingpanda.com/mercedes-benz-stadium-parking
Who is allowed to attend the tailgate?
Everyone! You don’t have to belong to a Supporters Group (SG), and this is a great way to check out the different groups if you’re interested in joining one. Away fans are also welcome! (Except for Orlando!)
What is the schedule?
- 4 hours before kickoff: Tailgate Starts. Come early if you want the best alcohol selection!
- 75 minutes before kickoff: Assemble for the March to the Match (You’ll notice people breaking down tents. Head toward the back of the Gulch and look for the rowdy crowd. Everyone will head toward the front of the Georgia World Congress Center (GWCC), where the March begins. Note: When you go UP the escalators and then out towards MBS, don’t follow the crowd straight ahead. Turn right to head toward the March location and follow the crowd.)
- 60 minutes before kickoff: March to the Match. This is the SG’s official march to the stadium. You can watch or jump in as we chant, get rowdy, wave flags, and support the Five Stripes on our way into MBS for the match.
What does it cost?
You have a few options:
- FREE: Entry to the Gulch is free. If you want to keep it that way, you can BYOB, along with water and snacks. When they’re at the tailgate (much of the time), La Preferida (nachos, bean dip, and cheese dip) and Knotty Pretzels (flavored pretzels designed to enhance the flavor of your beer) offer tasty snacks at no charge to all tailgaters. Look for both near the main Terminus Legion tent.
- Pay as You Go: There are usually a few food trucks and food/beverage vendors, so you can pay for exactly what you want.
- Best Deal: Opt for one of the Supporter’s Group tailgates. For an entry fee ($10 - $20 per person, depending on the tailgate), you’ll gain access to all the alcohol you can drink (while supplies last), plus water, soda, & snacks. Head to each SG’s check-in tent to find out what you’ll get for your money.
Who are the Supporters Groups?
Atlanta United recognizes 4 official Supporters Groups (SGs). You’ll see their check-in tents located around the Gulch. They are:
Don’t be shy! If you’re interested in joining an SG, walk around their tailgate, talk to their members, and/or ask for info at the check-in areas. This is a great way to meet more Five Stripes fans and support our team!
In addition to the recognized groups, numerous smaller groups have formed and you’ll see them represented at the Gulch as well. They’ll all have various activities going on, so join the fun!
Since it's outside, how do I stay cool?
It’s summer. It’s the ATL. It’s hot. To keep from getting overheated or dehydrated, you can:
- Take cover under the large SG tents. You’ll find picnic tables where you can sit down and cool off.
- Stay hydrated. Most tailgate fees include water, so grab some as needed.
- If you’ve got a cooling scarf, dip it in a cooler of ice (easy to find) and then place on your neck.
- Grab a popsicle! King of Pops (at most tailgates) has $3 gourmet popsicles. Alternate a bite with a sip/gulp of water/alcohol to help drop your body temp. They coordinate their flavors to match the alcohols being served at each tailgate! Look for their cart with the rainbow umbrella near the Terminus area.
Anything else I should know?
If you're bringing a bag to the tailgate that you plan to take into the stadium with you, remember the Atlanta United bag policy:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12” (think clear one-gallon freezer bags) are allowed.
- Small clutch bags, no larger than 4.5” x 6.5” - with or without a handle or strap - are also allowed.
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at a gate designated for that purpose.
- Bag valets are available at Gates 1, 2, 4 and the North Premium Seating entry on Field Level.
For other useful info, check out the official Atlanta United Matchday guides: